To add a new chat queue and configure it to a chat server, perform the following steps:
- In the navigation pane of App Studio, click .
- In the list of chat and messaging settings, click Queues.
- In the Queues section, do one of the following:
- To edit an existing queue, click the Edit this queue icon, and then follow the instructions below for adding a new queue.
- To add a new queue, click Add queue, and then follow the instructions below for adding a new queue.
- On the General tab, perform the following steps:
- In the Queue name field, enter a name for the queue without
spaces or special characters.
Note: Spaces and special characters are not allowed in the queue name.
- To define the maximum number of active conversations that a CSR can handle
simultaneously in this queue, enter a value in the Max concurrent
conversations (from this queue) field.
For example: If you enter a 3, the routing engine offers up to three conversation requests from this queue to the CSR. The system routes any further requests only after the CSR completes one of those three active conversations. If you do not enter a value here, the routing engine then considers the value specified in the Max concurrent conversations field in the operator record, or the Max concurrent conversations (per CSR) in the Chat and Messaging settings, in that order.
- To display the duration that a new chat alert stays on the CSR’s screen, enter a value in the Screen pop duration before timeout field.
- To make the queue visible to the customer while they are interacting with the chatbot, in the Is this queue visible to the user field, select Yes.
- To display choices from which the customer can choose the most appropriate queue,
enter the relevant text in the Queue selection text for
customers field. This field is visible only if you select Yes in the Is this queue visible to the user field. When the chatbot shows the list of available queues to the customer, the queue displays with the text you enter here, instead of its original name.
For example: If you enter I have a billing question for a queue named Billing, the text "I have a billing question" replaces "Billing" in the chatbot.
- To select a set of predefined, queue-specific questions to present to the customer,
select an appropriate item from the Queue questionnaire
list.This questionnaire provides additional context to the CSR about the customer’s issue.
- For chat conversations only, to map a unified resource locator (URL) to the queue,
click Add URL, and then enter the complete URL. You can enter multiple values separated by the
oroperator, or the
*wildcard character. For example, yoursite.com/*-sales or yoursite.com/newcustomer. The URL pattern of the organization determines which chat queue to select for a request.
For example: If a banking organization has two divisions, Savings and Credit Card, and configures Queue A for the Credit Card URL, then the request raised from that URL is routed to Queue A.
- In the Queue name field, enter a name for the queue without spaces or special characters.
- On the Availability tab, complete the following steps:
- To configure the availability of the queue, select a value in the Hours
of operation field. Select a calendar that reflects the hours of operation of the queue. Pega Customer Service provides the following default calendar values: Always Open, Default Calendar, Holiday, and Default US Calendar.
- To configure a message that you want to display to customers who request a chat during the off-hours of the queue, for example, Agents are not available during off-hours, enter the message text in the Off-hours behavior field.
- In the Wait time section, complete the following fields:
- In the Maximum wait time (Secs) field, enter the maximum
wait time in seconds for the calculated wait time on the server.
Note: When a new customer escalation arises in a queue, the routing engine estimates the time required before the first available CSR in the queue can take the customer request. If the computed wait time exceeds the maximum wait time that you enter, the customer is notified that they must wait in the queue.
- In the Default wait time (Secs) field, enter the default
wait time in seconds for the queue.
Note: The routing engine considers the default wait time at the start of the business hours of the queue until the CSRs resolve enough chats to meet the threshold for recalculating the estimated wait time.
- In the Maximum wait time (Secs) field, enter the maximum wait time in seconds for the calculated wait time on the server.
- To configure a message that you want to display to the customer when no CSRs are available in the queue, or when the computed wait time is more than the configured Maximum wait time of the queue, enter the message text in the Agents not available field.
- To configure the availability of the queue, select a value in the Hours of operation field.
- To enter the skills that are required for the CSR to work on the queue, click the
Members tab, and then select a skill from the
Skills list.You can select an existing skill or create a new one. The system routes chat and messaging requests in the queue to CSRs who have all of the specified skills.
For example: If a queue requires English speakers who can process service requests, you define a skill for English and another skill for Service. Chat requests to the queue are then routed to CSRs who have both skills.
- Optional: To create additional skills as needed to meet the needs of the queue, repeat Step
6.New skills must match the operator skills that are defined in the operators skill section.
- Click Submit.
- Click Save again.