Configure the common phrases that a customer service representative (CSR) can select from during chat, messaging, and email interactions. For more information about how common phrases are used, see Common phrases.To copy existing common phrases from another environment, or to copy individual common phrases, see Import and export common phrases.
- Log in to your application as a manager.
- In the navigation pane of the Interaction Portal, click Application
Tools.The Common phrases tab opens by default.
- Select whether to add a new common phrase or edit an existing common
- To add a new common phrase, click Add phrase.
- To edit an existing common phrase, click the Edit phrases icon next to the phrase.
- In the Phrase name field, enter a short name for the
phrase that clearly identifies the phrase to the CSRs.During an interaction, the CSR sees only this short name and must determine the correct common phrase to select based on this short name.
- In the Phrase category list, select the category to
which this common phrase applies.During an interaction, the common phrases are grouped by category so that the CSR can more quickly find the appropriate response.
- To restrict the selection of a common phrase to customers with specific browser
locales, select the language of the phrase in the
Language list.By default, phrases apply to all languages and locales.
- To restrict the selection of a common phrase to customers using a specific
channel, select that channel in the Channel list.
- To restrict the phrase to chat and messaging interactions only, select Chat.
- To restrict the phrase to email interactions only, select Email.
- To allow the phrase in all supported interaction types, select All.
- To exclude the phrase from Augmented Agent automatic responses, select the
Exclude from auto response check box.Automatic responses are part of the Augmented Agent suggested replies feature. For more information about the Augmented Agent suggested replies feature, see Implementing Augmented Agent.
- In the Phrase text field, enter the complete text that
will be sent to the customer when the CSR selects this common phrase.To insert properties that will be populated at runtime, such as the CSR name or customer account information, complete the following steps:
- Click Insert attribute.
- Select the attribute category from the Refer to list.
- Select the property name from the Attribute list.
- Click Append.
Result: The Phrase text field shows a placeholder where the property will appear when the common phrase is sent.
- Optional: To train the Augmented Agent suggested replies feature to recognize when to suggest this common phrase to a CSR, complete the Seed customer utterances section as described in Configuring customer utterances to train the Augmented Agent.
- Click Submit.