You can configure the Dialed number identification service (DNIS) numbers that map to service, acquisition, or other call or case types for your organization. This service helps organizations to determine and route incoming calls based on the DNIS number, which further directs customers to an appropriate category or section.A new extension point, SetCustomerCallType, is used to configure the DNIS number to the required pyCalltype.
To configure the DNIS number, complete the following steps.
- In the Dev Studio Explorer panel, click Records > Decision > Decision Table.
- Search for and open the Set Custom Call Type decision
- To configure the phone numbers for your organization, click Private Edit.
- Double-click the if row of the
DNIS column and enter the phone number.
- Click the Return column in front of the phone number that you added and click the search icon.
- In the Express Builder dialog, enter .pyCallType== “Acquisition”.
- Click the otherwise row of the Return column and enter .pyCallType== “Service”.
- To configure more phone numbers, click the Insert Row After icon.
- Click Save.
- To configure the parameters that are specific to the call type, search for and
open the SetAnonymousDetails data transform. For example,
Acquisition and Service. For more information on how to configure the
parameters, see Data Transform form - Completing the
- To add a row, on the Definitions tab, click the Add icon.
- From the Action list, select When.
- In the Target field, enter the category of the call type. For example, .pyCallType==”Acquisition”.
- In the Source field, enter the following
parameters for the Acquisition call type in the child rows.
Action Target Source Set .CallTypeDesc "Acquisition" Set .DefaultTabInSearchScreen "GeneralAssistance" Set offerAction .OfferAction
- Repeat step 3a through step 3d and configure the parameters for Service
call type. Ensure that you enter
.pyCallType==”Service” in the
Target column and child rows as
Action Target Source Set .CallTypeDesc "Service" Set .DefaultTabInSearchScreen "Search" Set .OfferAction