Configuring the portal search for data sources
Pega Customer Service uses data source rules to configure portal search functions for data sources.
In App Studio, you can configure the search fields that you want to appear in
the advance search and the search results section of the portal search page.
For any data source that you want to include in the Pega Customer Service portal search, complete the following steps:
- In the navigation pane of App Studio, select .
- From the list, select the data type for which you want to configure the portal search.
- In the Settings tab, click Search Configuration.
- In the Search Configuration section, select your data source
from the Select your data source category list.
Note: The data source list appears only if your data page is associated with multiple data sources.
- To enable the portal search for the selected data source, select the Portal search check box.
- To make the selected data source the default tab when any search is performed, select
the Default tab in search results? check box.
Note: If no data sources are configured as default, then the Cases tab is selected as default.
- From the list of available Field names, select the fields that
you want to display in the Advanced search section and in the
Search result section.
Note: Select the fields in the order that you want them to be displayed in the Search results section of the Interaction portal. Ensure that you have at least one field selected for both the advanced search and search results. You can select a maximum of seven fields to display.
- Click Save.
Previous topic Enabling the data source for portal search Next topic Configuring search for cases and work objects