You can configure proactive notifications in your self-service configuration so that you can send relevant information, offers, or service cases to your customers proactively, based on their customer and account profile. If you enable proactive notifications, Pega Customer Service interacts with Customer Decision Hub (CDH) when a customer visit your website, to predict the customer's needs and offer bot-enabled assistance. In this way, proactive notifications can save the customer's time and make the work of the Customer Service Representatives (CSRs) more efficient.For example, if a customer whose bill has increased by USD 25 in the current month logs in to your website, one possible reason is that they want to check their bill. If CDH determines that a notification should be sent to the customer, the Web Chatbot window slides open with a relevant message and links to either make a billing inquiry or close the notification. You can also configure the notification window to minimize after a specified amount of time if the customer ignores it.
- In the Self-Service application, click .
- Select the web chatbot channel for which you want to enable proactive notifications and click the Edit icon.
- Click the Proactive tab.
- To enable proactive notifications, select the Enable proactive notifications check box.
- TheProactive service URL is auto-populated with the URL of the CDH application that is integrated with your application instance. To change the URL of the CDH instance, enter it in the Proactive service URLfield.
- To minimize the notification window after a specified time if the customer ignores it, select the Minimize after (seconds) check box, and then enter a number of seconds.
- Click Submit.