A Unified Messaging chatbot interacts with your customers through various social messaging platforms to answer common questions, execute a service case, and escalate to a customer service representative (CSR).
By defining your CS-Self Service application implementation settings in the integration manager, you can create a Unified Messaging channel for the following messaging platforms:
- Apple Business Chat
- Send text messages in the Apple Messages app to connect with organizations and ask questions, schedule appointments, and make purchases.
- Facebook Messenger
- Send text messages in the Facebook Messenger app.
- MMS (Twilio)
- Send Multimedia Messaging Service (MMS) messages by using the Twilio communications platform.
- SMS (Twilio)
- Send text messages with the short message service (SMS) text messaging service by using Twilio communications platform.
- Send text messages by using the Twitter app.
- Send text messages in the WhatsApp Messenger app.
Pega Customer Service provides a sample Unified Messaging chatbot channel so that you can quickly get started with the configuration for the supported messaging channels. The sample chatbot channel consists of the most frequently used case types and response commands, such as greeting, help, escalation, and thank you, to enable your Unified Messaging chatbot to handle real-time problems. Natural language processing (NLP) is used to detect the sentiments and trigger the corresponding actions. Some sentiments, such as greetings, escalation, thank you, and help, are detected by using artificial intelligence (AI) models and not by using keywords. The AI models are more flexible and can learn based on the past usage.