Call duration goals guide a customer service representative during an interaction. They are used to communicate the speed at which an interaction can be configured to reflect the needs of their customers based on attributes, such as customer value, number of years with your business, or other variables that help to set the call duration goal.
To display the current call duration goal, the Interaction Portal uses the CallDurationGoal property located in MyApp-Work-Interaction. The CallDurationGoal property uses a declare expression to load the correct value from the DetermineCallDurationGoal decision table. When you create a new application, a blank DetermineCallDurationGoal decision table is created for you. You must populate it based on the information from the Defining the call duration goal process.
To populate the decision table, follow these steps.
- In the navigation pane of Dev Studio, click Records.
- Click Decision > Decision Table.
- In the Purpose * field, click the filter icon and enter DetermineCallDurationGoal in the Search Text box.
- Click Apply.
- Click DetermineCallDurationGoal in the results list.
- Update the decision table.
- Click Save as.
- Specify your class, MyApp-Work-Interaction, ruleset, and version.
- Click Create and open.
- Click Save.