When using a Pega Customer Relationship Management configuration that includes both Pega Customer Service and Pega Sales Automation, you must sometimes override the rules in one application to expose functionality from the other application. To support this, create an integration ruleset in both applications, and then save the override rules to the integration ruleset.
For example, if the Pega Customer Service application will show Pega Sales Automation Lead case service cases, you want the service case header and footer to look the same as the other Pega Customer Service services cases. In that case, save the perform harness rule for the service case into the integration ruleset for the Pega Customer Service application. Doing so overrides the Pega Sales Automation header and footer for that service case.
This procedure is required only if you are sharing data and service requests between two or more applications in the Pega Customer Relationship Management suite.
The applications include a sample integration ruleset that you can copy or use as a model for a new integration ruleset. The sample integration ruleset for Pega Customer Service is SAforCS, and the sample integration ruleset for Pega Sales Automation is CSforSA.
Complete the following steps to configure the integration rulesets:
- Log in to your Pega Customer Service application in Dev Studio.
- Click .
- In the Application rulesets section, click Add ruleset.
- Type a name for the new integration ruleset that identifies its purpose. For example, MyApp CRMIntegration, where MyApp is your application prefix.
- Click the Open icon to the right of the ruleset field.
- Review the default Ruleset Name, Version, and Description values, and modify the values if needed.
- Click Create and Open, and then click Save.
- In the ruleset field, identify which version of the ruleset to use by appending the major and minor rule version to the end of the integration ruleset name in this format: :NN-NN. For example, to select the first version of the ruleset, append :01-01 to the end of the ruleset name.
- Move the new integration ruleset to the top of the ruleset stack by dragging the number to the left of the ruleset name to the top of the stack.
- Click Save.
- Repeat this procedure for your Pega Sales Automation application.