You can create a Web Chatbot channel in your self-service application. For more information about creating a Web Chatbot channel, see Configuring the Web Chatbot channel.
- Log in to the Self-Service application with your administrator credentials.
- In the header of Dev Studio, click the name of the application, and then click Channels and interfaces.
- In the Create new channel interface section, click Web Chatbot.
- In the Channel interface name field, enter a name for your Web Chatbot channel interface.
- Optional: In the Description field, describe the purpose your Web Chatbot channel interface.
- To add cases for the Web Chatbot that help your customer to open and access a
case by entering a specific command, click Add case
- In the Case type list, click the name of the case to create when the user enters the command.
- In the Create case command field, enter or modify a user command for the case to be created.
- Click Submit.
- To add custom responses for the Web Chatbot so that users, by entering a
specific command in the chat window, can perform an action such as viewing
available menu options, click Add response.
- In the Response type list, click the name of the response to provide when a user enters a command.
- In the Response command field, enter or modify the user command that the response will provide.
- Optional: In the Response text field, enter the response text to display to the user. You can select a predefined response by clicking Use existing.
- Click Submit.
- Configure chatbot system responses. For more information, see Configuring system responses for the Web Chatbot channel.
- Configure chatbot text analyzers. For more information, see Configuring text analyzer definitions for the Web Chatbot channel.
- Click the Connection tab.
- In the Template operator ID list, click the name of an
existing self-service operator to use as the template.
The value selected in the Template operator ID list specifies the name of an existing operator and is used as a template from which all accounts are created. Each account has a unique web chatbot identifier set as its ID.
- Click Save.For information about the default Web Chatbot operators and access groups in Pega Customer Service, see Web Chatbot operators and access groups.