There are two types of Augmented Agent components: Augmented Agent for suggested replies, and the Augmented Agent Assistant. The Augmented Agent for suggested replies fetches responses from common phrases, page push entries, and knowledge articles and discussions, and the Augmented Agent Assistant sends a form to customers to fill out during their live chat session, to collect necessary information.
- In the navigation pane of App Studio, click .
- Under Settings: Chat and messaging, click the Augmented Agent tab to view the Augmented Agent settings.
- To enable the Augmented Agent Assistant component, so that you can send a form
to a customer's chat window during a live chat interaction to collect data,
select the Enable Assistant check box.
When you enable the Augmented Agent Assistant, it becomes available for all service cases. To disable the Augmented Agent Assistant for a specific service case, or an individual case, see Disabling the Augmented Agent Assistant.
- To enable the Augmented Assistant component that suggests automated responses
to the CSR, select the Enable suggested replies check
box, and then configure which suggested reply features to support. When you select the Enable suggested replies check box, you can see the following options:
- Common phrases
- Page push
- Knowledge articles/discussions
- Suggest content to agents at
- Allow auto-response
Note: Enable suggested replies check box is only selectable, if you have a Pega Customer Decision Hub license, and then only if you have selected the Enable suggested actions (using Customer Decision Hub) check box on the App Studio Suggested actions screen ( ).
- To include common phrases in the replies that Augmented Agent suggests
to the CSR, select the Common phrases check
For example: When the customer enters any of the following questions:
- What happens to my bill when I pause my service?
- What is my financial impact when I pause the service?
- Is there any fee for pausing my service?
You can pre-train the common phrases against the customer utterances in the Interaction Portal. When a customer enters a question, the agent matches the text in the question to a pattern. The agent then suggests a relevant response to the CSR.
- To include page push entries in suggested replies, select the
Page push check box.When you enable this option, the CSR can redirect customers to a pre-determined destination, such as a web page or a help site, during an interaction.
- To include Pega Knowledge articles in the suggested replies, select Knowledge articles/discussions check box.
- To set the confidence threshold score for the replies that the
Augmented Agent suggests to CSRs, move the Suggest content to
agents at slider.
Note: Customer Decision Hub gives a score to that Augmented Agent provides to the CSR, based on the relevance of the suggested reply to the customer utterances in the chat session. When the confidence score exceeds the threshold that you set, the agent suggests the response to the CSR. If the score is below the threshold value, then there is no suggestion.
- To make Customer Decision Hub send automatic suggestions as responses
when the confidence threshold for an automatic response is reached,
select the Allow auto-response check box.
Result: The Respond to end-users automatically at slider appears.
- To set the confidence threshold score that triggers the automatic
responses, move the Respond to end-users automatically
at slider.When you select the Allow auto-response check box, the agent automatically sends replies to the end-user as the accuracy of the suggested replies increases, and the confidence level exceeds the specified threshold.
Note: When using the Allow auto-response option, a CSR cannot edit or cancel a response.
- Click Save.