In the Pega Customer Service application, to enable a data page for portal search, you must enable the data source rule to adopt the data page. Every data page is associated with one or more data source rules. Ensure that you create the list based data page for the targeted data source object and source it from a report definition.
To enable the portal search for a data source, perform the following steps:
- In Dev Studio, create a new section as a wrapper section
which includes two sections, one for advance search filters and other for
displaying search results. The Search result section
contains a grid that is sourced from the clipboard page
pySearchResults.pxResults. This requires an open ruleset on top
of your current application ruleset. For more information to create a new
section, Sections - Completing the Create or Save As
Note: The name of the wrapper section that includes the search filter and the search grid section must be in the given format: Search_<data source name> and is case sensitive. For example, Search_Account where the Account is the data source name.
- Create a new data page or open an existing data page by clicking the
Data types category in the Records Explorer. For more
information to create a new data page, see Creating a data page.
Note: When you create a data page, do not add any Refresh Strategy under the Load Management tab.
- In the Definitions tab, change the Edit mode field to Read only.
- Configure the Scope as Requestor.
- Click Save.
- Search for the MatchingRecordsCountForFilter data transform rule.
- In the Definitions tab, click the Add a row icon.
- Add a When rule condition to pass the data source specific search properties.
- Call the data source specific data page that fetches the records.
- Check for the records, if they exist, then add Append and Map to under Action and map the data page results to pySearchResults.
- In the next sub-step, set the properties to data page property type.
- Click Save.