You can integrate your database tables using a data page that calls a report definition. The results appear in a data page (each record is an instance of a data class).
To integrate data into a Pega Customer Service application:
- Generate a data class to connect to your external data.
You can use a connector to a web service or the Database Table Class Mapping wizard for a database.
- Create a report definition to retrieve the data.
- Create an Implementation class based on the PegaCA-Interface class that you are implementing.
- Update the data pages for that class by changing the sourcing of the data page to the report definition that you created.
- Create a response data transform for the data page to convert the data class fields to the interface class fields.
- Repeat this process to populate all of the data pages.
Here is an example of the process that you follow to load account data from an external database for an application named MyApp.
- Use the Database Table Class Mapping wizard to generate a data class named MyApp-Data- Account that accesses the external database table with account information.
- Create a report definition named GetAccount ByLastName that returns a list of accounts where the last name is matched with a value entered in the UI.
- Create an implementation class by saving PegaCA -Interface-Account and name that class as MyApp-Int-Account.
- Update the MyApp-Int-Account data pages (for example, D_Account_Details) to use the report definition that you created.
- Create a response data transform in the MyApp-Int-Account class to map the Interface and Data classes.