Managing the verification fields to display security questions
As an administrator, you can define which fields to display to the customer service representative (CSR) as security questions during the information-based customer authentication process. The source of these fields can be from a any database, such as contact, account, and so on. For example, if you select the Country field, then the unidentified customer must answer the country that is saved in the system of record to successfully complete the verification process.
- In the navigation panel of App Studio, click .
- In the Verification fields section, repeat the following
steps to configure each field.
- Click Add field.
- To provide the source of the database questions, select a value from
the Source list. The customer is verified based on the data source value selected in the Source list. For more information about enabling the data source for customer verification, see Using data sources.
- Select a field from the selected data source in the Field list.
- To decide when the questions should display to the CSR, select a value
from the Apply to list.
- Interaction: Verify the customer at the start of an interaction.
- Service case: Verify the customer before accessing a service case.
- Interaction and Service case: Verify the customer both at the start of an interaction and before accessing a service case.
Note: All the fields in the Verification fields table are interdependent. Which means that the value selected in the Apply to field is dependent on the value that is selected in the Source field to display the configured verification question to the CSR during the customer verification process. For example: If you select the following values in the Verification fields table: Source: Contact, Field: Middle name, and Apply to: Interaction, the CSR can see the customer verification question soon after selecting the customer contact record.
- To add a score for each field that is used for calculation at the time of verification, enter a value in the Points per correct answer field.
- Click Save.
Previous topic Setting the verification conditions Next topic Managing the score for customer verification