To prevent a CSR from seeing sensitive customer information during co-browsing, configure your website so that fields that contain sensitive data are masked or hidden during co-browsing. For example, you can mask the fields that contain Social Security numbers and account numbers. When a field is masked, the CSR sees only a portion of the value during co-browsing. When a field is hidden, the CSR does not see any portion of the data during co-browsing.
- Log in to the Pega Co-Browse dashboard.
- In a separate tab, open your website, click in the page, and press
Ctrl+Alt+Enter.The Co-Browse login dialog box opens.
- Enter your email address and password, and then click Login.
- Select the element on the webpage that you want to mask or hide.
- Click the Settings tab and complete the following steps
to configure the selected elements:
- In the What would you like to name this? field, enter a name, for example, Header Masking.
- In the Privacy options group, select Mask to partially hide the field or select Hide to completely hide the field.
- In the Privacy criteria group, select This element if you have selected only a single field. Otherwise, select All similar elements.
- In the Privacy settings applies on group, select This page to apply data masking only on this page. Otherwise, select All pages.
- Click Add.
- Click Preview to see how a CSR will view the masked or hidden fields.
- On the Summary tab, click Save & exit.