To plan for the telephony integration, one of the task is to plan the customer service representative (CSR) experience once the call is received.
- Determine how customer service representatives control their phone calls (hold, retrieve, and transfer) and manage their agent state (make themselves available or unavailable to receive customer calls). A CSR can choose to take calls by using Pega desktop application (full telephony mode) or another tool. For more information, see the individual configuration guides available on the Pega Call product page.
- Determine which data will be sent from the telephony environment to the Pega Platform. Understand which variables and formats will be used for the data and determine how to map these to Pega Platform properties.
- Determine how the call will be handled when it arrives at the user's
- Screen Pop – A popup notification displays information about the incoming call. Determine which telephony elements will be displayed on the screen pop window.
- Start Interaction (also known as Auto-Accept) – A call interaction is started automatically. No screen pop window is displayed.
- No Action – No interaction or screen pop window is triggered. For example, use this setting for internal calls that are not related to the customer interactions.
- If the call is handled by a screen pop or start interaction, determine the timeout. For more information, see Configuring screen pops section in the configuration guide found on the Pega Call product page.
- Determine which type of call transfers will be supported.
- Warm transfer – The customer service representative receiving the transfer has the opportunity to consult with the person transferring the call and has the option to accept the call.
- Blind transfer – The call is transferred without the CSR first talking with the transferee. The call is transferred without a consultation call.
- Define transfer reasons. Default reasons include Call in Wrong Queue, Caller
Needs Additional Services, Escalated to Supervisor, and Other.
Note: Use this option only if you want to transfer the interaction and cases with the call.