Test a new application in the Build environment before migrating the application to a test or production environment. Testing in the Build environment enables you to verify that basic functionality and interfaces work correctly and that performance is acceptable.
- Run functional tests to test specific features from the end-user perspective.
- Test features used by all service intents, such as: security, eligibility, search, and loading of data. For this unit testing, automated scripts are recommended but not required.
- Verify that the Pega-provided reports and your custom reports run successfully, and that they show your implementation layer data, rather than the default demonstration data. This can be an automated test.
- Test all integrations, both independently and with associated integrations.
Test integrations for any optional Pega Customer Service components and other applications that you plan to use. See the product documentation for the component or application to determine which product components to test.
For Pega Call, check the following pieces of moving infrastructure:
- Provider software
- Connectivity (network)
- CTI engine
- Integration to the CTI engine
In addition, check all delegated rules (for example, coaching tips).
- Test security. Test the most common roles to ensure that the required access groups are configured and point to the correct software version.