You can transfer a call to another CSR along with the associated interactions using voice and data transfer. When you transfer a call with the associated interaction, the associated service cases are also transferred. Use Pega provided telephony toolbar to transfer the call.
Voice and data transfer supports both warm and blind transfers. Perform the following tasks to configure voice and data transfer.
When transferring a call with its associated interaction, you can select a reason for the transfer. The reasons are listed in the ChannelServices-Device-Phone-UI.pyCPMTransferReason property. Save the property to your ruleset and modify the table values to suit your needs.
Setting a time limit for voice and data transfers
Configure a time limit beyond which work objects in the transfer workbasket are moved back to the user who initiated the transfer. The PegaCS default time is set to 15 minutes in an activity rule.
- In the navigation pane of Dev Studio, click App and enter PegaCA-Work in the search field.
- Click Technical > Activity > CACTIReassignToTransferor.
- Click Save As to save the activity to your ruleset.
- On the Steps tab, expand Step 1.
- Update the PropertiesValue for the param.TimeDiff2
property. The last two parameters of the @addToDate value represent
minutes and seconds. Ensure that you update the values as negative integers to reflect the desired transfer time in minutes and seconds.
- Click Save.