Create the IVR-IVA channel to configure the Pega Intelligent Virtual Assistant (IVA) for the Interactive Voice Response (IVR) systems. Using the IVR-IVA channel, customers can interact with Pega Customer Service over different IVR systems for self-service.
To create the IVR-IVA channel, perform the following steps:
- In the navigation pane of the App Studio, click Channels.
- In the Create new channel interface section, click IVR-IVA.
- In the Details section, in the Channel interface name field, enter a name for your IVR-IVA channel.
- Optional: To describe the purpose of your IVR-IVA channel, in the Description field, enter a short description of your IVR-IVA channel.
- To add case commands in your IVR-IVA channel so that it
creates cases in the Pega Customer Service application based on related
user input, in the Content section, click Add
caste type and define a case command.The IVR-IVA channel detects the case type by using text analysis and automatically creates the case. For more information, see Adding case commands for a conversational channel.
- To configure the IVR-IVA channel to automatically invoke a response to a user
input, in the Content section, click Add
response and define a response.The IVR-IVA channel detects the best response for user input such as running authentication, displaying text messages and a menu of options, or performing other actions by using text analysis. For more information, see Defining response commands for a conversational channel.
- Click the Behavior tab.
- The IVR-IVA channel provides out-of-the-box system responses
for a few standard events such as welcome message and response text for internal
errors. To edit a system response, in the System Responses
section, click the Switch to edit modeicon for the
response.For more information, see Configuring system responses for a conversational channel.
- To configure the IVR-IVA channel to detect a best response to
input, in the Text Analyzer section, click Edit
topics to add or edit topics. Topics help the IVR-IVA channel to detect and organize suggested responses and suggested cases through natural language processing (NLP) and adaptive analytics text analysis models. For more information, see Defining topics for text analysis for an IVA.
- Click the Connection tab.
- In the Template operator ID list, click the name of an
existing Pega Customer Service operator to use as the template to
create end user accounts.
The application uses this operator as a template to create all further accounts for end user interactions with the channel. Each account has a unique channel identifier set as its ID.
- Click Save.