Customer service representatives communicate with customers through channels and can manage multiple service requests as part of a single customer session. Customers can call into a call center and make several changes to their account without having to speak to several different representatives.
Interactions can occur over several different types of channels including:
- Chat and messaging
- Inbound and outbound phone calls
- Interactive voice response (IVR)
- Child interactions
To view the features that omni-channels support, see Omni-channel features.
Interaction types, driver categories, and tasks
Interaction types (known as Channels in the Interaction Portal during App Studio configuration) and driver categories (known as Add Task menu categories in the Interaction Portal in App Studio) determine the tasks that a customer service representative accesses during an interaction with a customer. The interaction type appears in the New menu list of the Interaction Portal. Selecting an interaction type from New menu list, enables you to start a new Interaction. Intent tasks are references to service requests and provides information to determine which service request category must be displayed and when for each interaction channel. Intent Task rules are created automatically along with the Service Requests (Case types) in App Studio.
Configuring interactions settings
The interactions settings enable interaction features, such as whether to display dialogs to the CSR during the interaction. In addition, the interactions settings determine when a service case can be selected as a task during an interaction. You can configure default settings that apply to all interaction channels, and you can configure settings for specific channels.
- In the navigation pane of App Studio, click .
- In the list of interactions settings, click one of the following channel names to configure settings for that channel.
- Default (default settings for all channels, unless overridden)
- Messaging (Chat and messaging)
- Inbound call
- Outbound call
- Research (back-office, non-live interactions)
- Child interaction (applies to a child case that is spun off from the current interaction)
- To display coaching tips to the CSR during an interaction, select the Display coaching tips check box.
- To display scripts to the CSR during an interaction, select the Display CSR dialog check box.
- To show the CSR a menu of common phrases that they can select to insert in the chat or
messaging window, select the Display common phrases check
box.This setting is available only for applicable channels.
- To automatically resolve an interaction when a CSR clicks Wrap
Up, without presenting the Wrap up window, select the Enable
quick wrap-up check box.To always display the Wrap Up window when a CSR clicks Wrap Up, so that the CSR can record details about the interaction resolution, clear this check box.
- To hide the interaction timer at the top of the Interaction driver window during
customer interactions, select the Hide interaction timer check
box.When you choose to show the interaction timer, the timer is visible during a live interaction and shows the duration of the interaction from start to finish, including inactive time.
- Configure the interaction drivers for this channel.An interaction driver is a category of service requests that a CSR can select from when completing this interaction type, or that is suggested to the CSR as the next best action. You can select whether there are specific conditions that determine whether the category becomes available in the task list or as a suggested task. Each channel includes default interaction drivers.
- Click Add new to add an interaction driver.
- In the Task category column, select the name of the service
During an interaction, the CSR can select from any service request in this category. You define the categories and the service requests in each category, when you define your service request types.
Note: Only categories that are defined in the default driver class property of the specified driver are displayed in App Studio. To modify categories that are not listed, switch to Dev Studio.
- In the Display in column, select how to present this
- Show Tasks & Suggestions: Present this category as a task and a suggested next best action
- Show Tasks only: Present this category as a task only.
- Show Suggestions only: Present this category as a suggested next best action only.
- In the Show tasks when column, select a condition that determines when the present this category.
- Click Save.
Previous topic Pega Customer Relationship Management suite of applications Next topic Chat and messaging