A chat interaction, and the resulting history logs, can contain sensitive data such as account numbers, policy numbers, and Social Security numbers. Hide this data and mask it in the transcripts that are shared with a customer service representative (CSR). The sensitive data is masked to ensure that the confidential information is not displayed in interaction scripts or emails and is not stored in a database.
- In the navigation panel of the Interaction Portal, click Application Tools.
- Click the Data masking tab.
- To add a new mask, click Add mask.
- To add data masking to a specific channel, select the Channel from the list.
- If you want to enable the mask, select the Enable this mask
check box.The Mask enabled column displays a green tick mark that indicates the mask is enabled.
- In the add mask dialog, complete the displayed fields.
- Optional: If the data entered has special characters, select the Advanced mode check box and enter the validation masks in Validation regex field.
- Optional: To test and validate the configuration, enter the sample text in the Test your validation field and click Test.
- Click Submit.
To disable an existing mask, select the mask from the list and click the Gear icon. In the Edit mask dialog, clear the Enable this mask check box. The Mask enabled column displays a cross mark that indicates that the mask is disabled.