The Pega Customer Service pyGenericTemplate data transform renders carousel media objects on Web Messaging and other supported private channels, such as Facebook and Apple Business Chat, through Messaging API. The carousel objects enable scrolling back and forth between images.
The customer can select an image and the customer's choice is then passed back to the system for processing.
For example, if the customer wants to book an appointment, the system displays available times as carousel messages. The customer can scroll back and forth to find the appointment that suits them.
Configuring data transform to enable carousel messages
Configure thepyGenericTemplate data transform as a Custom response type on the Configuration tab of the Digital Messaging interface. The pyGenericTemplate is in the Work-Channel-Interaction-WebChat class. Optionally, you can also configure the pyPopulateOutboundData data transform in the Work-Channel-Interaction class to render carousel messages.
- In your Digital Message interface, on the Configuration tab, in the Content section, click Add response.
- In the Create command dialog box, on the
Response tab, perform the following steps:
- In the Response type list, select Custom.
- In the Response command field, enter a command that invokes carousel messages in the Web Messaging bot.
- In the Response text list, select or enter pyPopulateOutboundData or pyGenericTemplate.
- Select the Requires authentication check box to allow the system to prompt for customer authentication to use carousel messages in the live conversation.
- Click Submit.