- The Legacy Webchat server section applies only to Legacy Webchat.
- The remaining sections, such as Wait time calculation, Composing and saving, and Audio notifications, apply to Legacy Webchat and Digital Messaging.
To configure the Legacy Webchat server and settings for other messaging channels, perform the following steps:
- In the navigation pane of App Studio, click .
- From the list of Chat and messaging settings, click the Chat and messaging configuration tab to configure the chat and messaging settings.
- Configure the Legacy Webchat server. For more information, see Configuring the Legacy Webchat server.
- Configure the wait time calculation settings. For more information, see Wait time calculation.
- In the Composing and saving section, configure the
- Configure proactive chat. For more information, see Configuring proactive chat.
- To define how often the chat transcript should be updated and saved as
a conversation history, enter a value in the Chat transcript
save interval field.
For example: If you enter 3, the chat transcript is updated after every third message from the customer.
- In the Audio notifications section, configure the
- To send an audio notification for an incoming work to the CSR, select the Enable audio notification check box.
- To determine the number of times to play the audio file, enter a value in the Number of times to play the audio file field.
- To upload an audio file for the audio notification, click
Upload file, and then select the audio file
from your media.Supported audio file formats are MP3 and MPEG4.
- Click Save.