Configuring interaction type settings
A customer service representative (CSR) communicates with customers through numerous channels, including: chat, messaging, phone calls, email, and mobile devices. Modify the display and behavior of each interaction type to meet your business needs. You can also configure default settings that apply to all interaction types.
For each interaction type, configure the Interaction Portal to display some or all of the following features: dialogs, coaching tips, an interaction timer, and common phrases (chat and messaging only). In addition, for each interaction type, you can select which task categories to make available for selection during the interaction, and whether to skip the wrap-up step at the end of the interaction. A task category is a group of related service requests, for example, Account tasks, that the CSR can initiate during the interaction.
For more information, see the following topics:
- In the navigation pane of App Studio, click .
- In the list of interactions settings, click Interaction configuration.
- Click the name of the interaction type that you want to modify:
- Default for settings that apply to all interactions types, unless a more specific setting is configured for the interaction type
- Inbound call
- Outbound call
- Research for settings that apply to back-office portal interactions that do not require a live CSR
- Chat and messaging
- To display coaching tips to the CSR during an interaction, select the Display coaching tips check box.
- To display scripts to the CSR during an interaction, select the Display CSR dialog check box.
- For the Chat and messaging interaction type only, to show the CSR a menu of common phrases that they can select to insert in the chat or messaging window, select the Display common phrases check box.
- Configure how you want to resolve interactions:
- To skip the wrap-up step, select the Resolve interaction without wrap-up step check box.
- To include the wrap-up step, clear the Resolve interaction without wrap-up step check box.
- To show the interaction timer at the top of the Interaction driver
window during customer interactions, select the Display interaction
timer check box.When you choose to show the interaction timer, the timer is visible during a live interaction and shows the duration of the interaction from start to finish, including inactive time.
- Select how you want to modify the task categories:
- To add a new task category, click Add category.
- To edit a task category, click the Edit information icon for that category.
- Configure the task categories that are available for this interaction type, and the
context when those tasks are available or suggested:
- In the Task category column, select a task category.
- In the Display in column, select whether to display this category on the Add task menu, in the Intelligent Guidance and Next Best Action sections, or both.
- In the Show tasks when column, select a condition that
determines when to present this category, for example, when the account has a
Tip: Carefully consider the When rule that you choose to ensure that it applies in all relevant scenarios. For example, a When rule based on customer verification will not apply if the CSR bypasses verification.
For information, see When Condition rules.
- Repeat steps 9 through 10 for every task category that you want to define.
- Click Save.
Previous topic Additional interaction features Next topic Customer search