Configuring knowledge suggestions
In your Voice AI channel configuration, create knowledge suggestions so that Voice AI can suggest appropriate Pega Knowledge articles to CSRs during voice interactions. Knowledge suggestions prevent the need for CSRs to manually find knowledge articles that are relevant to a customer inquiry.
Creating knowledge suggestions involves adding one or more knowledge articles that you define in your Pega Knowledge repository to your Voice AI channel configuration. When you add a knowledge suggestion, you associate a knowledge article with a topic. During analysis, if Pega Platform natural language processing (NLP) detects words that are related to the topic in a conversation, Voice AI suggests the associated knowledge article to the CSR.
For more information about knowledge management, see Pega Knowledge.
- In the navigation pane of App Studio, click Channels.
- In the Current channel interfaces section, select the Voice AI channel interface to which you want to add the knowledge suggestion.
- On the Configuration tab, in the Suggested knowledge articles section, click Add knowledge article.
- In the Add knowledge article dialog box, in the
Associated topic list, define the topic that you want
If you add a new topic, the topic is also added to the list of topics that you can select when you configure case suggestions, and to the list that opens when you click Edit topics in the Text Analyzer section of the Behavior tab of your channel. For more information, see Configuring case suggestions and Configuring text prediction.
- To use an existing topic, in the list of topics, select an item.
- To create a new topic, enter a topic that you want to use.
- In the table with articles in your Pega Knowledge repository, click
the title of the article that you want Voice AI to
suggest.You can use the filters above the table to limit the knowledge articles that you see. You can filter by article title, content type, and category.
Result: The system populates the Selected article and Selected article abstract values.
- Click Submit.
- Optional: To add additional knowledge suggestions to meet your business requirements, repeat steps 3 through 6.
- Save your updates to the channel configuration by clicking Save.
Previous topic Configuring case suggestions Next topic Configuring text prediction