Use a template to create a new case type that includes the most common case type features and models workflow best practices.
- In the navigation pane of App Studio, click Case types.
- Click New.
- Enter the name for the new case type in the Case type name field.
- Expand the Case template section, and then select the template from the Template list.
- Click Next.
Result: The new case type opens in the Workflow tab.
- Click the Settings tab, and then click Case
processing options to enable and disable case type features.For information, see "Configure case processing options," next.
- Click the Views tab.Set up the views to meet your business requirements. Add the view to collect case details required during the Intake stage. For information, see Configuring views for cases.
- Click Save.
- Modify the case type features to meet your business requirements.
Note: As a best practice, use only App Studio, and not Dev Studio, to modify the new case type. This helps to ensure that
For information, see Implementing case types and attributes and also see the following procedures: