A Digital Messaging interface is a combination of bot configuration and assignment of one or more digital channels to that bot experience. Most clients will have one Digital Messaging interface that responds to several different digital channels. For example, a client could set up their bot to respond to Twitter Direct Messages, Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp, SMS, and Apple Business Chat. The customer experience on each channel would be mostly the same, and the client would only have to maintain one bot.
Configuring Digital Messaging credentials
- In the header of Dev Studio, switch to the desired self-service application.
- In your self-service configuration, click the Application
menu, and then click Definition.
Result: The system displays the application.
- In the application, click the Security tab.
- In the Digital Messaging security section, enter the
Manager ID and Manager Key for the channel digital messaging manager.
Note: By entering the Manager ID and Manager Key values here, you enable the Digital Messaging interface's Digital Messaging Manager, which holds the messaging channel connections.
- In the Authentication method section, select either of the
following options that is configured for your Manager ID:
- API Key
Note: The default selection is JWT (JSON Web Token). JWT is used to sign requests when exchanging private data
- Click Save.
Creating a Digital Messaging interface
- Log in to the Self-Service application with the CSR administrator credentials
- In the navigation pane of App Studio, click Channels.
- On the Channels landing page, in the Create new channel interface section, click Digital Messaging.
- On the Configuration tab of the Digital Messaging interface, enter the channel interface name and a meaningful description for the Digital Messaging interface.
- On the Channel tab of the Digital Messaging interface,
perform the following tasks:
- In the Set up section, in the Template
Operator and the Base URL fields,
enter the template operator and the base URL.
Template Operator: The system uses this operator as a template to create all further accounts. Each account has a unique channel identifier set as its ID. Base URL: The instance URL where you can configure the channel.
- In the Connections section, click Manage connections to set up the IVA for Digital Messaging for multiple social messaging channels.
Result: The system displays the DIGITAL MESSAGING MANAGER. After you configure the connections for the messaging channels in Digital Messaging Manager, you can see those connections as in the figure below:
- In the Set up section, in the Template Operator and the Base URL fields, enter the template operator and the base URL.
- Click Save.