To employ Pega Call features that fit your business processes without complicating implementation, follow the sequence of activities as outlined below, deploy to pilot users at the end of each phase, and assess the need for additional features before proceeding.
- Establish a Computer Telephony Integration (CTI) link connection between Pega Call and a CTI environment.
- Configure device capabilities in App Studio.For more information, see Configuring device capabilities in the Pega Call Implementation Guide on Pega Community.
- Configure call treatment in App Studio.
- Enable voice and data transfer in App Studio.
- Complete the configuration in the Pega Call
While the Pega Call configuration wizard provides an option to create a CTI link and configure basic device capabilities and call treatment settings, App Studio provides more configuration options.
Perform the App Studio configurations, then configure the existing CTI link in the Pega Call configuration wizard to complete the setup. For more information, see Configuring an existing link in the configuration wizardin the Pega Call Implementation Guide on Pega Community.
At this end of this phase, go live with pilot users to validate the stability and performance of the integration.
- Configure features specific to your CTI link.For more information, see CTI link-specific features in the Pega Call Implementation Guide on Pega Community.
- Save login credentials to Pega Customer Service preferences.