The messaging attachment feature from the Pega Customer Service application defines the file types and sizes that a CSR sends or receives as attachments over the various messaging channels.
- In the navigation pane of App Studio, click .
- From the list of Chat and messaging settings, click the Messaging attachmentstab to configure the attachment files types and sizes to send/receive for different digital channels. The system displays the Messaging attachment page.
- On the Messaging attachment page, in the
Channel section, click the desired messaging channel.
Note: The following is the use case of configuring various attachments for Web Messaging. You can configure the attachment settings of other Digital Messaging channels in the similar manner.
- To configure attachment settings for Web Messaging, click Web Messaging. The system displays the Web messaging attachment security settingsdialog box as shown below:
- The following table shows the various attachment options available for Web
- The default file type that is allowed for all digital channels is "Images."
- The allowed file extensions can vary for other digital messaging channels.
- The default attachment size for sending and receiving files by a CSR across all messaging channels is 2 MB.
- The maximum file size that a CSR can send or receive is 10MB.
- The CSR cannot send any attachments over the public channels, such as Facebook public posts and Twitter public tweets.
Type (1) Allowed file extensions (2) Maximum file size for sending (3) Maximum file size for receiving (4) Images
1MB, 2MB, 5MB, 10MB Note: To disable sending the image attachment, select Not allowed in the Max send size list. 1MB, 2MB, 5MB, 10MB Note: To disable receiving the image attachment, select Not allowed in the Max receive size list. Videos
1MB, 2MB, 5MB, 10MB 1MB, 2MB, 5MB, 10MB Audios
1MB, 2MB, 5MB, 10MB 1MB, 2MB, 5MB, 10MB Documents
1MB, 2MB, 5MB, 10MB 1MB, 2MB, 5MB, 10MB
- The following table shows the maximum file size for sending and receiving
attachments of other file extensions, like .exe and ,zip.
Other file extensions (5) Maxing file size for sending (6) Maxing file size for receiving (7) .exe 1MB, 2MB, 5MB, 10MB 1MB, 2MB, 5MB, 10MB .zip 1MB, 2MB, 5MB, 10MB 1MB, 2MB, 5MB, 10MB
- Click Submit in the Web messaging attachment security settingsdialog box, and then click Save.