During a chat interaction, the customer service representative can redirect a customer to online content for further reference. When you configure the page push feature, the customer service representative can click the page push link during interaction and select the appropriate link to send to the customer.
Configuring page push
Configure the chat-enabled web pages that a CSR can share with a customer to guide them to information that answers a question. When the CSR sends a shared page link in the chat window, the customer sees a request for permission to redirect their web browser to the specified page.
The Page push URLs can be grouped into categories based on their relevance. These categories are displayed in the chat interaction window when the CSR clicks the Page push link.
- In the navigation pane of App Studio, click .
- In the list of chat and messaging settings, click Page push.
- To add or edit the page push categories, complete the following steps.
- Click Edit categories.
- Click Add new to add a category, and then enter the category name.
- Click the Delete icon to remove a category.
- Click Submit.
- To add a new page push link, click Add URL, and complete the
- Enter the name and URL of the web page.
- Select the page push category.
- Select the language of the web page.
- To decide whether to open the page push link for a customer in the same window or in a new window, select one of the following options from Open in current window?.
- Select Yes to open the page pushed link in the same window, which replaces the current window. By default the page pushed link opens in the same window.
Select No to open the page pushed link in a separate window, which allows the customer to continue chat in the original window.
If the link is to a third-party web page that is not chat-enabled, select No. Doing so prevents the current chat interaction from disconnecting.
- Click Submit.
- To edit an existing page push link, click the Edit the page push icon at the far left of the row.
- Click Save.