Creating a connection and configuring general settings
- In the Connections section of your digital messaging interface, click Manage connections.
- On the DIGITAL MESSAGING MANAGER page, in the DIGITAL MESSAGING MANAGER section, click Add Connection. The system displays the Add a connection section with tiles for the channels, as shown in the following figure:
- To set up a Web Messaging chat widget, from the available digital messaging connections, select Web Messaging.
- On the General tab, in the Name field, enter the name of the connection.
- In the Appearance section, perform the following steps to
configure the appearance of the chat widget:
- In the Chat heading field, enter the name that you want to display on the chat header.
- On the Primary color palette, pick a color for the new chat widget. The system applies this color to the new chat header and icons.
- In the Display messagefield, enter the message
that you want to display when the customer first opens the chat widget
to start a conversation.
- Click Save. The system displays the message
Chat account successfully created.
- Configure sound notifications when messages arrive in the chat
- In the Sound notifications section, in the Choose when to play list, select Don't Play Sound Notifications, Play On Every Message, or Play Only When Not Visible.
- If you selected to play a sound for every message or only when the chat window is not visible, in the Select sound list, select one of the predefined sounds.
- Optional: To hear the audio of the selected predefined sound, click the Play icon.
- In the Company logo section, perform the following
steps for the company logo to appear on the Web Messaging chatbot
- To display the company logo on the Web Messaging chatbot header, select the Display company logo check box.
- To upload the image of the company logo, click Upload
If an image already exists, uploading a new image replaces the old image.
Configuring security settings
- In the Allowed domains section, in the New
domain field, enter the URL of the website that is valid to
render the new chat widget, and then click Add. The
system displays the website under Domains. You can add more than one domain to the Allowed domains section. Adding the domains here validates that the websites can securely render the Web Messaging widget on their web pages. The widget will not load on any websites except for the sites configured in this section. If you do not enter any domain, or enter "*", the Web Messaging widget renders on any website.
- In the Allowed cookies section, in the New
cookie field, add the cookie that allows passing information
between your website and the Pega Customer
Service implementation, and then click Add.
The system displays the newly-added cookie under Cookies. You can add more than one cookie to the Allowed cookies section.
- In the JWT API Token section, click Show JWT
Secretto view the token. You can use JWT API token to sign requests while exchanging private data.
Installing Web Messaging widget
- Close the window.