Wait time calculation
The routing engine calculates the estimated wait time for a new request to be escalated to a CSR.
((average chat handle time * ((number of active chats/2) + queued chats) / average concurrency rate) / number of active agents
The following are the key factors in calculating the expected wait time:
The CSR pool's capacity at a specific time, which is the number of available CSRs in the queue multiplied by the concurrency allowed for each CSR
The number of queued conversations ahead of the new request
The number of active conversations that the CSRs are currently working on
Average chat handle time for the queueCalculating the estimated wait time based on a few conversations might provide skewed results. To avoid that, you can configure the minimum number of resolved interactions to evaluate before computing the estimated wait time for a new request. You can also configure the engine to consider only the resolved interactions within the last specified minutes. A right balance of these two configurations results in the most optimal data set to utilize for computing the expected wait time. When the above conditions are not satisfied, the routing engine does not calculate the expected wait-time. We instead fall back on the value configured under the Default wait-time setting.
Configuring wait time calculation
- In the navigation pane of App Studio, click
- In the list of chat and messaging settings, click Chat and messaging configuration.
- In the Wait time calculation section, configure how to
calculate the wait time for a queue.
- To prevent the system from routing a live chat request to a queue with
a long wait time, enter a value in the Wait time evaluation
window in minutes field.
For example: If you enter a value of 30, the system calculates the average CSR chat handle time for a queue based on live chat interactions that were resolved in that queue during the past 30 minutes.The average CSR chat handle time for a queue is one of several values used to determine whether to route a live chat request to a queue.
- To define when the calculation for the wait time evaluation window
should start, enter a value in the Minimum number of
conversations for wait time calculation field.
For example: If you enter a value of 10, the system calculates a wait time only if there are ten or more conversations already in the queue.
- To display the wait time before the customer can chat with a live agent in the customer's chat window, select the Notify wait time to customer check box.
- To prevent the system from routing a live chat request to a queue with a long wait time, enter a value in the Wait time evaluation window in minutes field.
- Click Save.
Previous topic Chatbot escalations Next topic Queues