Configure the additional settings required to ensure that Voice AI functions properly.
- Ensure that an open ruleset is available in your highest application.
Note: The Voice AI channel is created in this ruleset.
- Add any case types that you want Voice AI to suggest to
the Cases & Data tab of the rule form of the
Note: Unless a case type is listed on the Cases & Data tab, the case type is unavailable for selection in the Voice AI channel configuration.
- Ensure that the implementation application uses the
CSEndUser skin or a skin that inherits from the
Note: If the implementation application uses a wrong skin, the UI that is associated with the features of Voice AI might not render properly.
- Add the following roles to the appropriate access groups to ensure that agents
and supervisors have access to Voice AI features that
are relevant to their role:
For more information, see Adding a role to an access group.
- To enable CSRs to connect to the Voice AI desktop app and receive Voice AI suggestions during calls, add the VoiceAI:CSR role to the access group of the CSRs.
- To enable supervisors to view the Voice AI suggestions in call transcripts as part of the post-call analysis, add the VoiceAI:Manager role to the access group of the supervisors.
- In the suggested actions settings in App Studio, enable the
intelligent guidance feature, and set the Maximum number of actions
displayed to a value greater than
1.For more information, see Configuring the suggested actions settings.
- In the knowledge management settings in App Studio, enable the
display of Pega Knowledge articles, and set the limit for the
number of suggested articles to a value greater than
1.For more information, see Configuring knowledge management settings.
- In the navigation pane of App Studio, click , and then edit the host portion of the Voice AI transcript URL so that it points to the correct
Pega server deployment type for retrieving
For example: Use dev, staging, or prod. Note: Ensure that there are no trailing slashes to the URL. Also, updating this setting in App Studio updates the version of the URL that is used for the current production level. If you want to update all versions, find the VoiceAITranscriptURL application settings rule in Dev Studio and make the change for all production levels.
- Define the entities that are specific to your organization in Pega Platform natural language processing (NLP) to expand the
scope of the NLP engine beyond common system entities such as country codes,
which it recognizes by default.
For example: If you manufacture cars, enter your car models into Pega Platform NLP so that it recognizes and populates the names of the models in case fields during calls with customers.