The collections process includes creating a collections case, contacting the customer, scheduling a payment plan and resolving and closing the case. Each step in the process is described in greater detail in this topic.
Create a collections case
The CSR initiates a Manage collections case for a specific customer account and flags the account for collections. CSRs or Collections agents can initiate a Collections case by using the following methods:
- Launching the Manage collections case manually in the Interaction portal.
- Using an automated file listener to process a list of accounts from a
Contact the customer
The CSR contacts the customer for further actions on the account. By default, within Pega Customer Service, the CSR can perform the following actions:
- Notify the customer through email about the payment due.
- Connect with the customer through an outbound or inbound phone call.
Schedule a payment plan
The CSR can use the Schedule Payment Plan service case to recommend the appropriate repayment options and schedule payments that meet the needs of the customer.
- By default, customers can choose between one, two, or three monthly payments, or create a custom payment plan.
- If you integrate Customer Decision Hub with Pega Collections, the application can obtain the appropriate payment plans based on customer data.
- The application can track scheduled payments individually as Make Payment cases.
- The Schedule Payment Plan case is a child case of the Manage Collections case. Each Make Payment case that is created is a child case of the Schedule Payment Plan case.
Resolve and close the case
When all the scheduled payments are resolved, the Schedule Payment Plan and collections cases are resolved, and the collections flag is removed from the account.