You can use the Email channel in your application to route emails that are received from email accounts to operators and workbaskets.
- In the header of Dev Studio, click Application menu > Channels and Interfaces > Email.
- To create an Email channel for your application, see Creating an Email channel.
A separate license for Pega Email Bot™ is not required.
For Pega Customer Service for Communications, to send email for default service cases in the sample application, update the email address passwords for the Default, PegaComm-FW-CF-Work, and PegaComm-FW-CPMCFW-Work workpools.
For Pega Customer Service for Insurance, to send email for default service cases in the sample application, update the email address passwords for the Default, PegaIns-Serv-Work, and PegaCPMI-Work workpools.
By using Pega Customer Service, you can record the training data for machine-learning text analytics model that helps in automating the launching and processing of the service cases.
Launching the service case automatically
After recording the data for learning and training of the text analytics model, you can configure the email settings for automating the process of creating a service case that helps in reducing the efforts of CSRs to work on repetitive mundane tasks. The machine-learning text analytics model analyzes and retrieves the relevant data from the incoming emails and maps it with the pre-configured entities in your application to identify the reason for an incoming email and automatically creates a service case based on it. The service cases for which the Process case without manual intervention option is enabled, the system immediately launches a service case and start working on it without any human intervention. After processing the case, the system sends out an automated email that the issue is resolved. Otherwise, the system automatically launches a service case for the CSR to work on it.
- In the navigation pane of App Studio, click Channels.
- In the Current channel interfaces section, click the icon that represents your existing Email channel.
- On the Behavior tab, click Add suggested case. For more information about defining the suggested cases, see Adding suggested cases for an Email channel.
- To create and process the service cases automatically, select the Process case without manual intervention check box. If you do not select the check box, the system launches the case automatically but does not resolve the case on its own.
- Click Submit.
Uploading a digital signature for outbound email messages
To save time during a customer interaction and personalize their outbound email messages, CSRs can now change the content of their signature and then upload it so that their digital signature automatically appears at the end of the outbound email message. This feature is similar to a digital signature in other email clients where CSRs can also upload images.
- In the Interaction portal, click your profile icon, and then click Profile.
- Click .
- In the Edit profile dialog box, in the Signature box, enter your name and mobile telephone number as you want your signature to appear in the email message.
- In the Title field, modify the text, if needed.
- Click the Image uploader icon and open your file.
- Click Submit to save your changes.
Selective creation of email triage cases in outbound email
Previously, Pega Customer Service created an email triage (ET) case and associated the service case with the ET case for outbound emails and notifications. Now, Pega Customer Service selectively creates ET cases, thereby reducing overhead. It creates an ET case and associates the service case with it only when the customer responds to a sent email that the system generates from a send email, send notification, or send email activity.
The EnableETCaseCreation dynamic system setting is automatically set to false, which means that an ET case is not created for every email.