Creating a Pega Customer Service implementation application without a framework application
If your organization does not require a framework application, complete this procedure to create the implementation application. Otherwise, follow the instructions in Using a framework application for Pega Customer Service.
- To create a new operator ID for running the New Application wizard,
complete the following steps:
- Log in to Dev Studio by using the operator ID [email protected] and the password that you specified for that operator.
- Save a copy of the existing [email protected] operator, and give it a name that identifies it as an Application Setup operator.
- Add the appropriate access group to the new operator record, and then click the
radio button to the left of the access group to select it as the default access
Note: If you don't see the access group shown below, make sure your application is using the latest built-on application, as described in the Update Guide for your application on Pega Documentation home page. Application Access group Pega Customer Service
Pega Customer Service for Communications
Pega Customer Service for Financial Services
Pega Customer Service for Healthcare
Pega Customer Service for Insurance
When this access group is selected as the default access group for an operator, the New Application wizard opens when the operator logs in.
The following figure shows the new operator and the new default access group:
- Save the new operator.
- Log in as the Application Setup operator.
- Follow the steps in the New Application wizard
to create the new implementation application:
- On the Are you ready to build a new application page, the built-on application is selected for you, based on the operator access group. Click Continue
- On the Select service request bundles page, select your
lines of business, and then click Continue.Each bundle includes service request types and data types related to that line of business.
- On the Service requests page, select the service request
types required for your business, and then click
The New Application wizard automatically selects the service request types associated with the selected bundles.
Note: As a best practice, import all the out-of-the-box service request types when you run the New Application wizard. This ensures that your service request types are configured with the correct implementation classes and inheritance hierarchy. You can hide infrequently used service request types from the Task categories menu. In addition, Dev Studio includes an option that lets Administrators add an out-of-the-box case type to your application at a later time. For information, see Importing a case type.
- On the Data types page, select the data types required for
your business, and then click Continue.The New Application wizard automatically selects the data types associated with the selected bundles.
- On the Select interaction channels page, select the
interaction channels that your business supports, and then click
Continue.For each selected channel, the New Application wizard creates the relevant interaction classes and drivers in the new implementation application. To edit the interaction classes and drivers after you create the implementation application, see Configuring interaction type settings.
- On the Customer Decision Hub page, select Enable Customer Decision Hub if your organization uses Customer Decision Hub features for next best action suggestions and suggested replies.
- On the Name your application page, enter the name of the application, and then click Advanced configuration.
- In the Application Settings section, under Application structure, verify that Implementation is selected.
- In the Organization settings section, enter the
Organization name, Division name, and
Unit name for this application.
The New Application wizard creates the application class structure for you based on the organization settings that you enter. For more information, see Understanding class layers and Understanding class hierarchy and inheritance.
If you have not already defined the organization entities (for example, if you have not already defined the division), type the name of the new entity in the appropriate field. The application saves the new values when you create the new application.
- Click Save, and then click Create
Result: The New Application wizard creates the application.
- Optionally, create operators for the new application:
- Select a user and their role.Each role corresponds to an access group that is part of the new application.
- Click Add.
- Select a user and their role.
- To open the new implementation application, click Go to
app.The new implementation application opens in App Studio.
The following video demonstrates how to create an implementation application with no framework layer:
Previous topic Using a framework application for Pega Customer Service Next topic Configuring your Pega Customer Service implementation application for Case Management Edition