When a customer initiates a chat and then wants to escalate the conversation, the routing engine routes the request to the contact center, where the customer can converse with a customer service representative (CSR) to resolve issues or get the desired information. The Pega Customer Service Interaction Portal is a contact center, from which CSRs can deal with customer escalations and requests.
After logging into the Interaction Portal, CSRs join the relevant configured queues and make themselves available to take up the requests that come in. When the system routes a request to them, the CSR receives a pop-up notification with the incoming chat request. The CSR can either accept, decline, or leave the request unattended. When the CSR accepts the request, the system displays a chat panel that serves as an interaction window to start the conversation with the customer.
The CSR can send automated responses using suggested replies and common phrases, share knowledge articles or perform a page push for any additional information that the customer requests, and can also use a CSR assistant for a service case. The CSR can also transfer the interaction to another agent or queue, download transcripts, start a co-browse session, send various attachments and emojis, and create dashboard reports for analysis.
A CSR manager can additionally perform certain supervision and monitoring activities on queues and CSRs in the Interaction Portal. For more information, see the Supervisor Monitoring section in the Pega Customer Service Implementation Guide.
- Chat panel in the CSR Portal
- Using common phrases for suggested replies
- Searching the text of common phrases
- Performing character-based common phrase search
- Using CSR assistant
- Event tables for reporting CSR actions
- Measuring suggested replies impact using reports
- Using page push during the live chat
- Sending KM articles during live conversation
- Displaying knowledge articles for a service case
- Adding a post-chat survey report to the Dashboard
Previous topic Web Messaging Next topic Chat panel in the CSR Portal