Customizing the user interface of service requests
You can customize the user interface of many out-of-the-box service requests based on your business requirements. In App Studio, the library of design templates make the customization of service requests easy and helps in modifying the user interface experience. The customization of user interface includes the ability to rearrange, add, or delete the fields that helps to expedite the implementation process and makes it easy to manage.
For a list of service requests that are editable in App Studio, see the application release notes for the current and previous releases.
For more information about changing case type interfaces, see Applying design templates and Accessing views in your application.
- In App Studio, launch an interaction.
- Click Add Task and then click the service case that you
want to edit.
Note: You cannot edit the user interface view in App Studio if the service request is created manually in Dev Studio. As a best practice, create new service requests using App Studio to ensure on-going maintenance can be supported through App Studio.
- Click the Toggle design mode icon.
- Click the Workarea icon in the header or composite section of the service case depending on your requirement.
- To change the template, click Change and then select a template of your choice.
- To add sections in the template, click the Add icon and drag and drop the section of your choice to the template.
- To delete a section, click the section and then click the Remove this section icon.
- To edit the fields of the section, click the section, highlight the field that you want to edit, and then click the Edit this field icon.
- Update the required fields in the right corner of the page and click Apply.
- To add fields in the section, click the Add icon on the right panel and then click Add to review.
- To delete the fields from an existing section, right-click the field name on
the right panel and then click Delete.
Note: You cannot edit repeating dynamic grids in the composite sections. Previous topic Configuring the security and display settings Next topic Defining client-based access controls to support the EU GDPR