Implementing the IVR-IVA APIs
Implementing the IVR-IVA APIs requires performing the following steps to integrate the IVR-IVA API calls with your IVR’s RESTful API integration component.
Pega Customer Service Implementation Guide
- Configure the business conditions required to identify the customer conditions for incoming calls that correspond to customer inquiry responses and a case. Out-of-the-box Business conditions are provided to get started. For more information on configuring the business conditions, see Business conditions.
- Create your IVR-IVA Channel in App Studio. For more information on IVR-IVA channel configuration, see Creating an IVR-IVA channel.
- Test the IVR-IVA APIs with a software API test application such as Postman, available from (www.postman.com). For more information on IVR-IVA APIs, see IVR-IVA API events.
- Once you’ve validated that the channel is returning the expected results, integrate the IVR-IVA API calls into your IVR’s RESTful API integration component using the Pega host system URL, Pega REST URL endpoint, and channel ID. For more instructions, refer to your IVR integration guide.
- Finally, configure your IVR’s time-out value to a large number of seconds until
you determine the network's latency; otherwise, API calls may time-out
prematurely. For more instructions, refer to your IVR configuration guide.
Previous topic Interactive Voice Response with Intelligent Virtual Assistant (IVR-IVA) APIs Next topic Creating an IVR-IVA channel