The messaging attachment feature from the Pega Customer Service application defines the file types and sizes that a CSR sends or receives as attachments over the various messaging channels, such as Web Messaging, Apple Business Chat, Facebook, SMS, WhatsApp, Mobile SDK, and Client Channel API.
- In the navigation pane of App Studio, click .
- From the list of Chat and messaging settings, click the Messaging attachmentstab to configure the attachment files types and sizes to send/receive for different digital channels. The system displays the Messaging attachment page.
- On the Messaging attachment page, in the
Channel section, click the desired messaging channel.
- To configure attachment settings for Web Messaging, click Web Messaging. The system displays the Web messaging attachment security settingsdialog box as shown below:
- The following table shows the various attachment options available for Web
Type (1) Allowed file extensions (2) Maximum file size for sending (3) Maximum file size for receiving (4) Images
1MB, 2MB, 5MB, 10MB 1MB, 2MB, 5MB, 10MB Videos
1MB, 2MB, 5MB, 10MB 1MB, 2MB, 5MB, 10MB Audios
1MB, 2MB, 5MB, 10MB 1MB, 2MB, 5MB, 10MB Documents
1MB, 2MB, 5MB, 10MB 1MB, 2MB, 5MB, 10MB
- The following table shows the maximum file size for sending and receiving
attachments of other file extensions, like .exe and ,zip.
Other file extensions (5) Maxing file size for sending (6) Maxing file size for receiving (7) .exe 1MB, 2MB, 5MB, 10MB 1MB, 2MB, 5MB, 10MB .zip 1MB, 2MB, 5MB, 10MB 1MB, 2MB, 5MB, 10MB
- Click Submit in the Web messaging attachment security settingsdialog box, and then click Save.