As a part of the resolution, a CSR might have to transfer a conversation to another queue or agent.
If the transfer is to another queue, the conversation goes through the routing process again. However, to reduce further customer wait time due to a transfer, the routing algorithm prioritizes transfers ahead of other work for that queue (effectively telling the routing engine to route the transferred Interaction first).
In the case of agent-to-agent transfers, the transferring CSR can only select another available agent; the CSR cannot transfer a conversation to a CSR who is unavailable or who has reached their maximum number of concurrent interactions. These transfers bypass the routing algorithm and send a request alert directly to the recipient CSR. The conversation is transferred only when the recipient CSR accepts the request.
Sometimes a CSR loses availability prior to the conversation being successfully routed or the CSR declines the new work.
The routing engine attempts rerouting the conversation requests that do not find a CSR in the following cases:
- Busy CSRs: When all of the available CSRs in the queue are handling conversations to their full capacity as configured in the Max concurrent conversations (from this queue) field.
- CSR decline: When the agent to whom the request is routed declines it.
For rerouting a pending conversation request, the routing engine adds the request to the queue and then waits for a specified time period before reattempting. After the delay, the routing engine attempts to route the request again.
Conditions for non-routing chat escalations
Customers cannot escalate a chat request in the following scenarios cases:
- No CSRs available (applies only to live chat conversations): When no agent has logged into the selected queue, the routing engine sends the configured Agent not found message to the customer after selecting a queue.
- Maximum wait time exceeded (applies only to live chat conversations): The routing engine periodically calculates the estimated wait time required to route the incoming or queued conversation requests based on the configured Wait time evaluation window. If the calculated wait time for the conversation request exceeds the configured maximum wait time, the routing engine sends the configured Agent not found message that is configured for the queue after the customer selects the queue. For more information, see Configuring wait time calculation.
- Off Hours (applies only to live chat conversations): The routing engine sends the configured Off-hours behavior message to the customers when they attempt to live chat during the queue off hours.