The Prepare phase starts with a project kick off meeting, where the team understands the vision, desired outcomes and plan. From here the team will work to further understand the Microjourneys™ that form the initial MLP. If you have not already undertaken a Design Sprint during Discover, this is the time to do it or, or for smaller problem spaces, run shorter ideation sessions to innovate new experiences for end customers. During Prepare you will use Pega’s configuration tools e.g App Studio or Next best Action Designer to capture the 3 pillars. You will use the Directly Capture Objectives (DCO) discipline to capture outcomes and user stories directly into Pega. You will form a prioritized backlog, and create two sprints worth of user stories in preparation for Sprint 1.
Prepare is a highly collaborative exercise which that typically lasts one to two weeks but it can last anywhere from a few days to three weeks for larger MLPs. The Pega approach can flex to cater for all project sizes. A consistent success factor is having strong and dedicated business representation throughout Prepare and Build.
Things you should do during Prepare:
- Kick Off the project; ensuring a constant focus on achieving outcomes
- Run a Design Sprint; create an executable prototype
- Validate the overall plan
- Confirm the application design
- Elaborate 2 sprints’ worth of user-centered user stories (using DCO)
- Establish Governance
- Execute your co-production enablement plan