A configured product is an instance of a product that is owned by a customer.
For example, an awning window is a product and an individual awning window with serial number AW2378 owned by a customer is a configured product. A configured product can be the focus of field service work, for example, to be repaired, inspected, and maintained.
In the Pega Field Service Admin portal, select Customers.
Select a customer account.
Click Add next to Configured products and complete the displayed fields.
Select the appropriate product Status.
- Select Active if the configured product is currently active in the system.
- Select Inactive if the configured product is not active currently, but might be activated later.
In the Configured product type field, select the appropriate product type:
- Select Fixed, if the configured product is fixed at a location.
- Select Mobile if it is a movable configured product and skip to step 8.
In the Configured product location field, associate the fixed configured product with one of the locations of the account.This field is not applicable if the configured product is mobile because the location is selected in the context of a job. For more information about locations, see Creating a location in the Pega Field Service Admin portal.
In the Sub-location field, perform either of the following actions:
For more information, see Setting up customer location's sub-locations in the Pega Field Service Admin portal.
- Select a predefined sublocation which defines the exact location of a configured product at the customer location.
- Click Add new to add a new sublocation name or longitude and latitude of the sublocation.
Complete the remaining fields.