Adding configured products to a customer account
A configured product is an instance of a product that is owned by a customer.
For example, an awning window is a product and an individual awning window with serial number AW2378 owned by a customer is a configured product. A configured product can be the focus of field service work, for example, to be repaired, inspected, and maintained.
In the Pega Field Service Admin portal, select Customers.
Select a customer account.
Click Add next to Configured products and complete the displayed fields.
Select the appropriate product Status.
- Select Active if the configured product is
currently active in the system.
Note: This is the default status.
- Select Inactive if the configured product is not active currently, but might be activated later.
- Select Active if the configured product is currently active in the system.
In the Configured product type field, select the appropriate product type:
- Select Fixed, if the configured product is fixed at a location.
- Select Mobile if it is a movable configured product and skip to step 8.
For example: An ATM in a bank is a fixed configured product and a mobile ATM in a mall is a mobile configured product.
In the Configured product location field, associate the fixed configured product with one of the locations of the account.
This field is not applicable if the configured product is mobile because the location is selected in the context of a job. For more information about locations, see Creating a location.
In the Sub-location field, perform either of the following actions:
- Select a predefined sublocation which defines the exact location of a configured product at the customer location.
- Click Add new to add a new sublocation name or longitude and latitude of the sublocation.
For more information, see Setting up customer location's sub-locations.
Complete the remaining fields.
Previous topic Adding contacts to a customer account Next topic Configuring Pega Field Service Admin portal settings