The Pega Platform offers the following authentication types:
- Based on passwords in the Operator ID data instances and the login form. This is defined by the HTML @baseclass.Web-Login rule, which your application can override.
- Similar to PRBasic, but passes credentials by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) with Basic HTTP authentication. The login form is defined by the HTML @baseclass.Web-Login-SecuredBasic rule, which your application can override.
- Supports access to an external LDAP directory or a custom authentication scheme.
- Supports external assignments (Directed Web Access).
- Specifies that the application server in which the Pega Platform is deployed uses JAAS to authenticate users.
Previous topic Implementing the security model and organization structure Next topic Implementing your authentication scheme