Enable Elasticsearch to enhance the data retrieval process and to improve the search capabilities across the system. Enabling Elastic search re-indexes the Data and Work classes only in the Pega Foundation for Healthcare core layer. Therefore, if you imported sample data, you must re-index the Data and Work classes after enabling Elastic search to view the sample codes, sample code groups, and sample common object instances in the portals of the demo application.
- In the header of Dev Studio, Click Records > SysAdmin > Dynamic System Settings.
- Verify that Elastic search is enabled by checking that the value for the
following dynamic settings is true:
- If any of the values is not set to true, click the setting and update the value, and then click Save. If any of the settings do not appear in the list, you can search for that setting. If necessary, add the setting and set the value to true.
- Configure the number of shards for each Elastic search index and Thread pool
settings by modifying the following Dynamic system settings:
- Number of shards – Configure the number of shards for Work, Data and
dedicated indices using a DASS setting:
Default: 3 (for newly created work, data and dedicated indices)
- Thread pool settings:
Thread pool setting Elastic search default value Pega's default in Embedded mode (up to 8.1) DASS to configure thread_pool.index.size # of available processors 1 indexing/distributed/index_threadpool_size thread_pool.search.size Int ((# of available processors * 3) / 2) + 1 1 indexing/distributed/search_threadpool_size thread_pool.bulk.size # of available processors 1 indexing/distributed/bulk_threadpool_size thread_pool.force_merge.size # of available processors - indexing/distributed/forcemerge_threadpool_size thread_pool.refresh.max Min (10, (# of available processors) /2) - indexing/distributed/refresh_threadpool_size Note:
- Create all settings in the Pega-SearchEngine ruleset.
- The Thread pool type used for refresh is “scaling.” The DASS sets the max size of thread pool.
- Thread pool settings are applicable only to the Embedded mode.
- Number of shards – Configure the number of shards for Work, Data and dedicated indices using a DASS setting:
- Re-index the Data and Work classes:
- Click Configure > System > Settings > Search.
- On the Search tab, on the System Settings screen, select the All data and All work classes check boxes.
- Click Re-index to the right of a row to re-index that class.
Previous topic Implementing Elasticsearch on HIPAA security policy Next topic Defining the security model and organization structure