Creating a framework application
Run the New Application wizard to create your framework enterprise application. The framework application contains common rules that are used by all parts of your organization. The implementation applications that you build on top of this framework application inherit common rules from the framework application.
- Create an operator ID to run the New Application wizard.
- Log in to Dev Studio by using the operator ID [email protected] and the password that you specified for that operator.
- Save a copy of the existing [email protected] operator, and give it a name that identifies it as the framework Application Setup operator.
- If you are extending from PegaHCCore foundation application, add PegaHCCore:AppSetup access group to the new operator record OR if you are extending from PegaHC foundation application, add PegaHC:AppSetup access group to the new operator, and then click the radio button to the left of the access group to select it as the default access group. When this access group is selected as the default access group for an operator, the New Application wizard opens when the operator logs in.
- Save the new operator.
- Create the framework application.
- Log in as the framework Application Setup operator.
- Follow the New Application wizard instructions until the Name your
application page opens, and then follow the steps below.
For more information about each step of the wizard, see Creating applications.
- On the name your application page, enter the name of the application, and then click Advanced configuration.
- In the Application Settings section, under Application structure, select Framework.
- In the Organization settings section, enter the Organization name,
Division name, and Unit name for this application.
The framework application class names come from this organization structure. For more information, see Class layers and Class hierarchy and inheritance.
If you have not already defined the organization entities (for example, if you have not already defined the division), type the name of the new entity in the appropriate field. The application saves the new values when you create the new application.
- Click Save.
- Click Create application.
The Application Wizard creates the framework application. The framework application includes one system administrator operator so that you can log into the application after you complete the wizard.
- To open the new application, click Go to app.
The application opens in Dev Studio.
Previous topic Creating the framework application and implementation applications Next topic Creating an implementation application on top of a framework application