The Pega Platform offers the following authentication types:
- PRBasic – Based on passwords in the Operator ID data instances and the login form (defined by the HTML rule @baseclass.Web-Login, which your application can override).
- PRSecuredBasic – Similar to PRBasic but passes credentials using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) using Basic HTTP authentication. The login form is defined by the HTML rule @baseclass.Web- Login-SecuredBasic, which your application can override.
- PRCustom – Supports access to an external LDAP directory or a custom authentication scheme.
- PRExtAssign – Supports external assignments (Directed Web Access).
- J2EEContext – Specifies that the application server in which the Pega Platform is deployed uses JAAS to authenticate users.
Previous topic Defining the security model and organization structure Next topic Defining your authentication scheme