Implementing Elasticsearch on sample data objects
To improve the lookup performance of large data sets such as Members, claims, or providers during business processing, a new search feature using Elastic has been implemented for all the sample data objects.
You can easily extend the capability to other data objects by leveraging the best practice rule configurations highlighted in this section.
The Data classes will need to be re-indexed to enable Elasticsearch. Follow the steps below to enable indexing.
- If you have imported the Pega Foundations' demo application and
sample operators as part of installation, log in to the application as
CoreAdministrator using the password that you specified when you
enabled this operator; to enable Pega-provided operators, see Enabling operators.
Otherwise, complete the following steps to create a new operator ID:
- Log in to Dev Studio by using the operator ID [email protected] and the password that you specified for that operator.
- Save a copy of the existing [email protected] operator, and give it a name that identifies it as an Administrator operator.
- Add PegaHCCore:Administrators access group to the new operator record. Click the radio button to the left of the access group to select it as the default access group.
- Save the new operator record.
- Log in as the new operator that you created.
- Enable the specified dynamic system setting to “true” to use the nested data structure indexing.
- From the Dev Studio menu, navigate to the System > Settings > Search page.
- Check the Enable Indexing option and enable indexing for All Data and All Work.
Previous topic Designing for screen performance Next topic Using Elastic search