Testing in the Test or Production environments
After you import the application to a Test or Production environment, test the application in the new environment to verify that it works correctly in that environment.
- Verify that the source (Build environment) and destination (Test or Build environment) files are the same.
- Run functional tests to test specific features from the end-user perspective.
- Run automated unit tests to test features such as security, eligibility, search, and loading of data.
- In the Test environment, run the Application Guardrails Compliance Score to ensure that the application meets guardrails.
- Verify that the Pega-provided reports and your custom reports run successfully, and that they show your implementation layer data, rather than the default demonstration data. This can be an automated test.
- Test all integrations, both independently and with associated integrations.
- Verify that the integrations point to the correct system of record, and not to the system of record for the Build environment.
- Test security. Test the most common roles to ensure that the required access groups are configured and point to the correct software version. Use these common roles in your smoke tests (see the next step).
- Run a smoke test to compare the source and destination environments. Verify that all tests that pass in the Build environment also pass in the Test or Production environment. If anything fails, compare the environments to determine whether a difference in environment could cause the test to fail. If the environment caused the failure, either fix the issue that caused the failure or adjust the test as appropriate for the new environment.
- Run performance tests to verify that performance meets expectations. Pega recommends automated performance testing. Save the results so that you can compare them to future performance test results to determine whether an application update has a performance impact.
Previous topic Testing in the Build environment Next topic Testing in the UAT environment