The Pega Know Your Customer for Financial Services Engine provides an extension point for performing complex KYC Item validations within KYC Type and Item validations across types. There are two extension points provided in the ValidateItemResponses data transform. This data transform is called when the case is submitted for approval in the ProcessKYCCase process flow. The mentioned data transform invokes the following two extension point data transforms:
- ValidateResponses stored in the PegaKYC-Data-Type- class
- ValidateResponses_Ext stored in the Work- class
These data transforms must be saved to the corresponding implementation specific classes and used for validations as needed.
You can also use this validation step for complex validations apart from simple local response value validations. Some of the complex validations include:
- Validation of responses against data captured or modified at the case level.
- Validation of responses against data captured or modified in external systems. Data retrieved from an external system could have changed between the time it was retrieved and the time responses are submitted. This can include retrieval of such data and validation to ensure that data is in sync with the external data source.
- Although data captured within a KYC Type is expected to be independent of data captured in other KYC Types, there may be situations where complex cross-validations are needed. Cross-validation may involve validating responses against data captured in other KYC Types or data captured and stored in the Master Folder.